A notable HMS Melita HMS Malta 1892 , Royal Navy ex- Battle of Sudan ship , G. D’ Esposito Maltese watercolour / gouache

Malta - Collection Only

1,450.00

HMS Melita [ Malta]  was a Royal Navy Mariner-class composite screw sloop of 8 guns, launched in 1888 and commissioned in 1892. She was the only significant Royal Navy warship ever to be built in Malta Dockyard,[Note 2] She was renamed HMS Ringdove in 1915 as a salvage vessel and in 1920 was sold to the Falmouth Docks Company, which changed her name to Ringdove’s Aid. She was sold again in 1926 to the Liverpool & Glasgow Salvage Association, renamed Restorer, and finally broken up in 1937, 54 years after her keel was laid

Please complete the form to get in touch.

Please read the Terms and Conditions before submitting
Categories: ,

Video